Mention quantum computing and we get immersed in discussions around optimization, cryptography and research. There is also growing speculation on how quantum technology will alter the information security landscape.
To help us better understand where quantum computing is today and what CIOs need to consider as the technology continues to evolve is Scott Crowder, Vice President, Quantum Adoption, IBM.
1. Define for us what quantum computing is. And how is it different from high-performance computing and supercomputers?
2. What are some of the most recent developments in quantum computing? When will viable quantum computing be available?
3. How will quantum computing reshape the tech industry?
4. So security under quantum computing is a real threat?
5. What can companies do to prepare themselves for this quantum future today?
6. Beyond working with CISO in the security side of the company, should CIOs start to include quantum computing in their technology roadmap? If not now, when? What conditions/events would warrant its inclusion?